FOR SCUBA DIVING
The fins you will use can be:
- Full-foot: barefoot or with neoprene socks.
- Adjustable: to take them off easily.
- Practical: to use them with supports to walk safely.
The boot of the fin have to maintain the foot without restraining it.
- The full-foot fin will be lighter and offer more comfort than an adjustable fin.
- To try a full-foot fin on, you will have to stand.
- To try on an adjustable fin, you will need neoprene socks. Your heel mustn’t exceed 5 cm out of the fin.
Choose one size higher for your fins if you are using neoprene socks.
A flexible fin will require a weaker physical effort, for an occasional practice.
A rigid fin will have a more powerful finning, but will require a stronger physical effort. Fins with a longer blade will be more efficient for longer expedition. They will require a larger finning range.
Hemstitched blades will have a better water contact, that will give you less physical constraints on your ankles.