- How to choose your football and mini goals?
- How to choose your football boots?
- How to choose your football equipment?
- The rules of football
How to choose your football shin pads?
Shin pads are MANDATORY for 11- or 5-a-side competition football. Your shin pads should comply with current European legislation (directive EN 1360162009).
CHOOSING SHIN PADS ACCORDING TO SIZE
There are different types of shin pad:
- One-piece with integrated ankle guard (with added protection for the malleolus).
- Two-piece, with a detachable ankle guard, allowing either piece to be worn separately.
The shin pad's size should be chosen according to the player's stature.
|From 1 .10m to 1.40m||S|
|From 1.40 to 1.70m||M|
It is mandatory for the shin pad to be held in place with support straps. It must also be completely covered by the sock for the duration of the match.
It is VITAL to wash your shin pads REGULARLY by hand.