BIKE TO WORK WITH DECATHLON IRELAND
WHAT IS THE BIKE TO WORK SCHEME?
Using the Cycle to Work scheme, your employer can help you obtain a brand new bike and safety equipment worth up to €1,000. You can purchase any of our bikes and cycling equipment under this scheme. The repayment for the bicycle and equipment will be deducted from your gross salary (this means before income tax, PRSI, pension levies or Universal Social Charges are deducted). These deductions can be made weekly, fortnightly or monthly depending on your salary payment arrangement. Your employer can also buy the bicycle on your behalf and not require you to pay for it. In this instance, you will be exempt from benefit-in-kind taxation to a cost of €1,000. Your employer will also benefit from PRSI contribution savings. Please note if your employer is registered with a Bike to Work agency we will not be able to process your order as this will force us to increase our prices which we do not want to do. Please check with your employer which Bike to Work agency you are registered with prior to your application.
HOW TO GET YOUR BIKE
- Choose your bike on our website
- Create a Decathlon Ireland account
- Select Buy and proceed to Checkout
- Select Shipping Address and Continue to Payment
- Select Shipping and Continue
- Select Bike to Work
- Place Order and receive your invoice via email or download
- Contact your employer to ask about the scheme, and provide your invoice
WHAT EQUIPMENT DOES THE BIKE TO WORK SCHEME APPLY TO?
The Bike to Work scheme applies to new bicycles and pedelecs (electrically assisted bicycles which require some effort from the cyclist)
Purchase of the following new safety equipment is also covered and provided by our B’TWIN cycle brand.
- Cycle helmets which conform to European standard EN 1078
- Bells and bulb horns
- Lights, including dynamo packs
- Mirrors and mudguards to ensure that the rider’s visibility is not impaired
- Cycle clips and dress guards
- Panniers, luggage carriers, and straps to allow luggage to be safely carried
- Locks and chains to ensure cycle can be safely secured
- Pumps, puncture repair kits, cycle tool kits and tire sealant to allow for minor repairs
- Reflective clothing along with white front reflectors and spoke reflector
Terms & Conditions
You must invoice your employer directly for the cost or the tax exemption will not apply. The tax exemption does not apply if you pay for the bicycle and are reimbursed by your employer. Your company can choose to pay via Bank Transfer, Credit Card, or Paypal If your company wishes to pay via Credit Card or Paypal, your HR department needs to create an account and place the order on decathlon.ie. If your company wishes to pay by bank transfer, please contact us at email@example.com or at 0877930680. All invoices must be processed within 10 working days however you can contact us directly and we can hold the invoice if additional time is required by your employer. Once your invoice is created we cannot guarantee stock availability until payment is received. Bank Transfer payments must note the quotation invoice number in the transfer and the order will be created upon reception of funds. If you wish to be delivered to a different address than the billing address, you can modify the shipping address in the order. Feel free to contact us anytime to get more information.