BIKE TO WORK SCHEME SUPPLIER
WHAT IS THE BIKE TO WORK SCHEME?
Using the Cycle to Work scheme, your employer can help you obtain a brand new bike and safety equipment worth up to €1,000 and you can use a salary sacrifice arrangement over a hire period. You can purchase any of our bikes by clicking Cycle to Work when choosing a bike. Simply contact one of our team members and we will create an invoice for your employers use.
Note. You must invoice your employer directly for the cost or the tax exemption will not apply. The tax exemption does not apply if you pay for the bicycle and are reimbursed by your employer – they must pay for the bicycle.
The repayment for the bicycle and equipment will be deducted from your gross salary (this means before income tax, PRSI, pension levies or Universal Social Charge are deducted). These deductions can be made weekly, fortnightly or monthly depending on your salary payment arrangement. Your employer can also buy the bicycle on your behalf and not require you to pay for it. In this instance, you will be exempt from benefit-in-kind taxation to a cost of €1,000. Your employer will also benefit from PRSI contribution savings.
WHAT EQUIPMENT DOES THE BIKE TO WORK SCHEME APPLY TO?
The Bike to Work scheme applies to new bicycles and pedelecs (electrically assisted bicycles which require some effort from the cyclist)
Purchase of the following new safety equipment is also covered and provided by our B’TWIN cycle brand.
- Cycle helmets which conform to European standard EN 1078
- Bells and bulb horns
- Lights, including dynamo packs
- Mirrors and mudguards to ensure that the rider’s visibility is not impaired
- Cycle clips and dress guards
- Panniers, luggage carriers, and straps to allow luggage to be safely carried
- Locks and chains to ensure cycle can be safely secured
- Pumps, puncture repair kits, cycle tool kits and tire sealant to allow for minor repairs
- Reflective clothing along with white front reflectors and spoke reflectors
Note: There is a limit of €1,000 on the amount that can be spent (this includes bicycles, safety equipment, and delivery charges).
HOW TO APPLY FOR A BIKE AT DECATHLON.IE
- Chose your bike on our website See our B’Twin Cycling brand here - B'TWIN Cycle To Work Scheme
- Ask us for an invoice for the bike at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at 0877930680
- Contact your employer to ask about the scheme, and provide the invoice.