Warm, soft microfleece, brushed inside and out. High collar
Polyester knit: lets through water vapour generated by the body (RET=7.08)
Just 236 g in size M. 200 g/sqm density microfleece
1/2 zip opening; easy to put on and helps with ventilation when pushing hard
Very compressible material. Microfleece ideal at the bottom of your backpack
Crease-proof. Machine washable. Quick drying
Fleece component: Insulation provided by the air trapped inside
The fleece component is designed to trap air thanks to the volume created by its texture; this air acts as a natural insulator, keeping the body warm. The brushing of the knit fabric is what traps the air.
100% eco-designed microfleece
Over a year, for the Forclaz 50 women’s fleece, this is the equivalent of:
10 million plastic (1 litre) recycled bottles
621 tons less waste for the planet
43% water saved*
58% energy saved*
54% less CO2 emissions for the planet*
This is where the added value of recycled polyester comes from.
*Compared to older non-recycled thread models
2-year durability warranty
We test the ageing of our hiking fleeces to ensure their durability. We guarantee:
- resistance to abrasion from a backpack and moving arms, to delay the appearance of pilling which is specific to this material
- the strength of the seams
- the resistance of the fleece material after 3 washes (dimensional stability)
- colour-fastness after washing, under UV or in contact with perspiration.
Tips for storage and maintenance
Machine wash - 40° max - normal
Do not bleach
Do not tumble dry
Do not iron
Do not dry-clean
Store folded in a clean, dry place
TESTS AND WARRANTY
We perform 2 types of thermal tests:
- a test of the material of our fleeces.
- or on a thermal mannequin in a thermal chamber. Here, we reproduce the conditions of temperature, wind (5km/h) and humidity that you encounter in the mountains when walking at 5km/h.
These tests are used to validate our design choices. And we adapt the thermal insulation where you need it most.
Our team of designers is based at the foot of Mont Blanc, in Haute-Savoie (France). All year round, our designers create and develop products that are attractive, simple and technologically advanced. These are then ruthlessly tested in the field because we believe that the only way to continually improve our products is to test them in the real-life conditions that you will experience.