Fleece material: insulated thanks to air
The fleece component is designed to trap air thanks to the volume created by its texture; this air acts as a natural insulator, keeping the body warm. The brushed knit fabric is what traps the air.
100% eco-designed microfleece
Over a year, the Forclaz 50 men's fleece provides:
22 million plastic bottles (1 litre) recycled
1367 tons less waste for the planet
43% water saved*
58% energy saved*
54% less CO2 emissions for the planet*
This is where all the added value of recycled polyester lies.
*Compared to old models made of non-recycled thread
2-year long-wear guarantee
We test the ageing of our hiking fleeces to ensure long wear. We guarantee:
- resistance to wear from backpacks and moving arms, to delay the appearance of pilling which is common with this material
- the solidity of the seams
- the resistance of the fleece material after 3 washes (size stability)
- colour fading after washing, when exposed to UV or after contact with perspiration.
Tips for storage and maintenance
Machine wash - 40° max - normal
Do not bleach
Do not tumble dry
Do not iron
Do not dry-clean
Store on a hanger or folded in a clean, dry place
TESTS AND WARRANTY
We carry out 2 types of thermal tests:
- either a test of our fleeces' material.
- or on a thermal dummy in a temperature chamber. We replicate the temperature, wind (5 km/h) and humidity conditions that you would experience in the mountains when walking at 5 km/h.
These tests are used to validate our design choices. And we adapt our thermal insulation where you most need it.
Our team of designers is based at the foot of Mont Blanc, in the Haute-Savoie region (France). Our design teams conceive and develop stylish, simple and technical products all year round. We are indeed convinced that it is only by applying them in real situations such as those you will experience can allow us to continuously improve our products.